Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Energy day 6: I wonder where to wander

So much for going to sleep early last night. I couldn't sleep and went to bed extra-late. Still, I got up at the same time as usual and although I felt slightly tired from that, I still had plenty of energy today.

I was out of orange juice until I went to the store, so I had the juice of two grapefruits for breakfast. After that I made a smoothie from coffee flavoured soy milk, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, a scoop of raw cacao powder, and a half scoop of espresso powder and four packets of stevia. It came out amazing and you could barely taste the espresso/coffee flavors, it just made the chocolate flavor richer and it tasted like a really creamy chocolate milkshake.

Because I had the cacao/espresso smoothie, I thought maybe I wouldn't have a matcha smoothie, but then some Gelatinized Maca Powder arrived in the mail and I wanted to try it, so once I had oranges I made a smoothie of the juice of three oranges, two mounded little spoons of matcha, a teaspoon of maca powder, six ice cubes and four packets of stevia. It tasted a little funny...I think without the banana I've been putting in there it just had too much matcha, but it could be the maca powder as well.

Maca helps the adrenal glands regenerate, helps maintain your body's hormone balance and possesses the precursors for serotonin (thereby reducing sugar cravings). Maca can help you lift more weight and recover faster

Anyway, I had a lot of energy today, and although I didn't get as much done as I had fantasized I might, at least I can't say it was for lack of energy. I also got the Klutz juggling kit today, and I've been practicing throwing just ONE beanbag. I completely suck at throwing anything and I want to be able to consistently throw at the same arc and catch reliably before moving on to two. It makes a nice way to fidget while watching Stargate. Hopefully that mid-range lobe in my brain is taking notice!

Tomorrow I hope to switch the locations of the cat tree and the plant shelving around. This will be to prevent a certain 15 pound cat from using the bed to jump up and down from the tree, this waking me up in the middle of the night. Perhaps this will help me get an even better night's sleep

I've also been looking at a book called "Become an Energy Addict", and it doesn't have the same concise paragraphs of ideas that "365 Energy Ideas" has, but it does have some different interesting ideas. It suggests being a "walking tourist", both in your own town and when you are away, and walking around everywhere checking out all the stuff there is to see that you might never see any other way. This is a fun idea in my own town because I love to spy what other people are growing in their gardens/yards. That's what gave me the idea that we should grow corn this coming season...so many people around here seem to plant maybe one or two dozen stalks of it and it takes up hardly any room...I think it would be SOOOOO awesome to be eating corn from your own garden. My bf was not nearly so impressed with the idea, but since it takes up such a small amount of space, he doesn't mind if we do it. Also, I have a book called "Stairway Walks in San Francisco" which is a VERY cool little book full of interesting walking routes, and as soon as I am done running a bunch of errands around my own town I AM going to move on to going in to San Francisco at least once a week to try all these walks. I think it will be so fun.

Hmmmm...I wonder if I should try to take a matcha smoothie along with me on my walks or if I should see what interesting places I can find to try new things in my wanderings.

0 comments: