Monday, August 20, 2007

OMG...jinx was disabled!

Heheh...so much drama today. Here I am sitting here listening to a somewhat boring audio book on heart disease and feeling the fact that, between a wedding and an extended Sunday brunch at the exquisite Wente Winery this past weekend, I am just sort of blah and tired today and STILL when nearing the end of the day trying to convince myself to do a little erging when...

...BAM!...

I see that my avatar "jinx" on imvu.com doesn't appear to exist any more. At first I thought IMVU was having problems but I was still able to access the site and log in under another avatar so...wth? Did I do something wrong? I haven't done ANYTHING different lately and haven't been that involved with IMVU stuff lately...what could be going on? I couldn't find an email from IMVU about it either. Good thing I'm not prone to panic attacks, I probably would have had one.

Well, I contacted Matt and FINALLY received an email about it while talking to him (why did I never receive an email about this BEFORE they did it? Instead it arrived 20 minutes after) and I found out I'd been disabled because I didn't have a birthdate listed on my account and I have an access pass. Sheesh. They said they sent me a PM about it earlier but I checked and I didn't have anything like that...but according to Matt this is still all my fault because there had been an announcement at the top of the IMVU website pages.

I don't really care if it was my fault or IMVU's fault or if there is a fault here...whatever, I'm just glad I was around and Matt was reachable and I got it taken care of right away. Of course, the result is that my ACTUAL REAL BIRTH DATE is listed on IMVU and everyone can see that I turn 40 on August 26 :(

Meanies.

Er I mean...Happy Birthday to ME...woohoo, what a great landmark! :)

Meanwhile, I found that in about a half hour total of being disabled I managed to generate a speculative forum post that was 7 pages long!

Who knew I was such a hot gossip topic? I feel so special now. (Kidding.)

A few things to say from this whole thing:

IMVU should really um....send people an email about something like this. I mean, I may miss a PM or a telegram (especially a telegram) but I would have gotten an email.

and

I asked Matt about the devcon-that-never-happened and he said there just wasn't enough new or fixed dev-type-stuff to warrant one right now but he made noises about how that would probably be different early next year. Hmmmm....interesting.

and

I really need to get developing again!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

X3 Aww, I'm prone to panic attacks; Good job it didn't happen to me! ^^ Anywho, glad to have your account back in action.x