Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The XO is here!


Woohoo...look what came in the mail today! I've received a number of packages this week, from King Arthur Flour to top up baking supplies, from Park Seed and Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. to bring me way more stuff than we can possibly plant in our garden, but the package I was awaiting most anxiously was my XO laptop!

You can see in the picture that I'm using it to browse the IMVU website. It's kind of nice because it doesn't display shoutouts (heheh) but I accidentally pressed the orientation button a few times trying to stick my hand in the picture for a size reference (the XO is pretty darn small). That's one way to find out what that button does. Anyone else notice that the title bar of IMVU now lists it as "3D Avatar Chat Instant Messenger & Dress Up Game"? Dress Up Game? Ugh...that makes it sounds like it's aimed at 11 yr olds, or maybe younger. Aren't you supposed to be 13 to use IMVU?

Anyway, now I have to decide whether to go do laundry and shower...activities I eschewed in favor of waiting for my XO delivery...or play with my new toy/computer. Oh so much better than a dress up game!

1 comments:

Spydyr said...

Who knows, maybe "dress up game" will help keep teenage girls from having babies to play dressup with... It's a source of annoyance to me when I hear teenagers say they can't wait to have a baybeeee to dress up.