Monday, September 29, 2008

Garden pics!

A few weeks ago, I was complaining that everyone was photo blogging but me and I wished I had a new and really cool camera. WELL, I ordered that camera last week and I am hoping it arrives tomorrow. Meanwhile, I still used my phone and my bf's camera to take some garden pics today and earlier in the week, so here they are with captions and everything...

Goofy pic of me holding some of our garden booty. My hands look like claws.

Dirty, dirty, filthy carrots!

After taking this picture, I popped one of these strawberries in my mouth. It's funny how you don't notice stuff like bird shit until you see it in a photograph but um...eyew! I could Photoshop out the bird shit I guess, but I can't undo the eating of the strawberry.

Another "fruit and birdshit" picture.



A bunch of still-green "Black from Tula" tomatoes, and a WHOLE BUNCH of dead leaves. We're gardening newbs, so we have no idea why all the leaves on our tomatoes are dying, but I do hope there are enough left to perform some photosynthesis on the remaining tomatoes.


It was sooooo thoughtful of all these leaves to shrivel up and die! It makes it soooo much easier to find and pick all the yellow tomatoes.


We have two blueberries bushes, and between the two of them they have produced exactly TWO WHOLE blueberries. They're almost ripe. I'm thinking when they finally ARE ripe, we'll go to pick them and a bird will swoop down right in front of us and snatch them up.


The absolute best gardening pics were a couple I took of my bf picking strawberries and and hammering in trellises, but he was wearing his pjs so probably he wouldn't like it if I posted those.

2 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

Ummm.... at least bird shit is organic?!

Your garden pickin's look yummy! Maybe next year I'll get more than 3 tomatoes from mine!

Jinx.tv said...

lol...yeah, just aim to do WAYYYY more than you can possibly actually do and you're sure to end up with a bit more than last time.

I'm hoping we get more tomatoes next time...there were loads more flowers that never set fruit. I told R we should get a beehive but he said no :(