Friday, September 26, 2008

Mystery tomatoes identified (mostly)

We have seven kinds of tomatoes in our garden, but the tags got lost/buried and we ended up not knowing what to expect. Finally, I made the effort to look up my original tomato plant order and compare pictures of the type of tomatoes purchased with what we actually have growing. The only hitch is, a few of our plants don't seem to want to produce any tomatoes AND although I ordered six plants, they sent seven and number seven is a total mystery. But, so far as I know, this is what we have...

Black from Tula. This one is my favorite...so delicious. We have gotten several very nice sized tomatoes from this one and I hope we get about a zillion more.




Costoluto Florentino. This is my bf's favorite, and it is definitely beautiful with its fluted sides. We have gotten quite a few of these with more to come.





Elberta Peach. We have only had a few of these, but they are very pretty and cute little tomatoes. They are in one of the self watering containers, and those plants didn't grow nearly as much as the ones in the raised beds.




These two are "Hillbilly" and "Hugh's". We have tomatoes from one of these plants, but I'm not sure which one it is. Very nice but we have wasted most of these because they seem to get soft and over-ripe really fast.






Mr. Stripey. We have gotten a few of these I think. Ummm...I think. I'll have to double-check.






The seventh plant is just a mystery...whatever it was they put in our order, I don't think it's given us any tomatoes. Hmmmm....

0 comments: