Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm all a-twitter part two

Last time I posted was about how I signed up for twitter to better keep people abreast of when I have ThereBucks in stock. I also sent emails out to all my tbux club members and past purchasers of ThereBucks that contained specific instructions on how to use twitter for ThereBucks updates, but for those who may not have received the email...for instance for future members/purchasers, as well as for those with over-enthusiastic spam filters or WhereMail problems, here are the instructions again...
-------------------
Tired of spending your time searching for discounted ThereBucks? Just want to know when they are in stock without wasting your time? Sign up for twitter.com (if you don't already have an account) and then add "therebucks" (that's me!) as someone you are "following". http://twitter.com/therebucks

In case you are unfamiliar with how twitter works, I'll explain it a little along with giving you instructions for getting alerts as to when I'm selling via your favorite IM client OR via your cellphone!

Once you are signed up for twitter and you are following "therebucks", you should go into your account settings, click on "devices" and from there you can set up your IM and/or your Cell phone to receive alerts (and you can set a few more options like to not send you alerts in the middle of the night, etc). Once you've done that and confimed it with twitter, you still aren't going to get any mobile alerts until you go to the page of someone you are following (http://twitter.com/therebucks) and click on "device updates off" to turn device updates "on".

Once you've set it to start getting alerts on the IM client or cellular phone of your choice, you can always go to http://twitter.com/therebucks to stop receiving the alerts (like maybe you don't want to know several times a day that ThereBucks are in stock once you've purchased a pile of them) and if you are getting alerts via text message you can just text twitter the message "off" and you will stop getting them. Then, once you've spent all your ThereBucks, you can text "on" and you will get the alerts again. Pretty cool, huh?

I just figured no-one wants to waste a bunch of time trying to find discounted ThereBucks in stock if they don't have to. Why not let twitter do the work for you? Plus sometimes someone visits http://jinx.tv and if I'm not selling seems to get the idea that I just simply don't sell ThereBucks any more when ACTUALLY I tend to get ThereBucks in stock several times a day, and now I can prove it! If you have any questions or problems, please let me know. I'm pretty new to twitter myself, but I will certainly try to help.

0 comments: