Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another Day, Another Gym

What is a great Saturday night with your sweetie?

How about a couple hours working out at the gym followed by a chocolate smoothie then 70 minutes of yoga at home and a glass of wine while watching Little Britain?

Works for me!

My bf is bound and determined to get back in shape and take me with him, and once I'm on board with an idea I'll give 110% to it, so after going to 24 Hour Fitness last night (which was very cool for me, it's not my regular gym and I enjoyed checking out the different machines and equipment and got to kill myself for 25 minutes on a Precor AMT. This is the third gym we've been to together. How many gyms have YOU been to with the same person?) and then doing 70 minutes of yin yoga (not really strenuous like yang yoga) we got up this morning and tried Tai Chi. We even got his sister involved. And we're still planning to do more yoga today (and maybe a little salsa lesson?) after we get back from seeing a movie.

We would have gone hiking today but it's raining. Can't go next weekend because WE'RE GOING TO VEGAS, BABY! (At least Las Vegas involves a lot of walking.) But after that we have a big book of hikes you can do on the Peninsula and so we're going to be backpack toting (have to put the picnic lunch somewhere) goofballs.

We're trying, really trying, to change the way we spend our time, not just go on a little fitness bender and then give it up for lazy brunches yet again. I'm kind of hoping it can involve a little more dancing than weight lifting. (Ooooh...did my bf really agree to try the belly dancing dvd I have???!!?!??)

Actually, we still managed to fit a lazy brunch in today. Maybe you can have your fitness and eat brunch too.

0 comments: