Friday, February 6, 2009

What do you mean we're on a diet?

My bf says he wants to lose a few pounds. I don't know where he expects to lose them from. Maybe he could lose a pound around his stomach but that would be "pound" and not "pounds". Still, I thought I'd be agreeable and offer to lose some weight along with him. I think I will have a much easier time finding some extra poundage.

So I'm thinking "great, I'll walk for an hour every day and eat vegetables and salad like I'm always saying I'm going to do anyway, maybe add five or ten more minutes on the treadmill at the gym. This is going to be easy and fun!" Little did I know my bf's idea of losing weight involved 1.) working out harder and more often at the gym and 2.) eating less.

Eating less? Are you serious?!? I thought maybe just y'know...change ones eating habits a bit, but now I think I've signed up to share just one appetizer instead of two when we go to a restaurant, skip dessert, skip having a burrito after the gym, no after-dinner muscato. All kinds of wacko stuff like that. I think it even involves drinking less wine.

Saturday, since I'm going to the salon, we are doing the traditional after-the-salon THANG and meeting at Millenium for dinner. If he thinks I'm giving up having an irish coffee after dinner there he is quite mistaken!

Okay, I'm just kidding around...the truth is a.) my bf isn't going to hold me to any of his ideas about eating less...in fact just tonight he bought me a burrito even though he didn't have one and b.) he's right, we do eat too much. Just because you can indulge doesn't mean you always should. In fact, I shouldn't have had that burrito...it wasn't even that good and I was stuffed afterwards.

I'm still having that irish coffee, though.

0 comments: