Monday, April 23, 2007

Excuse: Brunch + Winebar = lazy day

Yesterday we went to brunch at Alana's Cafe, which was nice...I'd like it a lot better when the weather is nice enough to eat outside. It seemed strange they didn't serve any butter with ANYTHING, not even on the toast (I know because I licked the top just to be sure) and we were kind of complaining to each other that they don't have anything like mimosas or anything with alcohol in it, and the coffee cake was dry but I did like the home fried potatoes. If we can eat outside I'm thinking I could bring my cats in their Kitty SUV. I dunno, maybe they wouldn't like that and we'd have to go down the street and eat at the Main Street Coffee Roasting Company, where I know they'll let me sit outside with my cats and the food is very tasty BUT they aren't open on Sundays. Oh, and they don't have any alcohol either.

After brunch at Alana's, we went to The Savvy Cellar, a wine bar where we are trying to become regulars. It isn't working that well, though, because we keep trying to go on a day they aren't open (Monday) or after they close (9pm on most weekdays, 7pm on Sundays) and when we do go and manage to bond with an employee so maybe they'll remember us, then when we go back we'll find out they don't work there any more. I think we might be some kind of bad luck for the employees...don't talk to those two or you're fired! We sort of made a little headway yesterday when this woman seemed to remember my bf but not me. I'm a bit offended as I think I'm a pretty memorable person!

After three glasses of wine, there was just no way I was going to get much of any work done, so I watched the 2 dvd set "An Evening With Kevin Smith" instead. Y'know, he's Silent Bob from Clerks, Mallrats, etc, and also the filmmaker who wrote those movies in the first place along with Chasing Amy and Dogma, etc. The guy is pretty funny. He can tell really long stories and it's okay because the entire story is full of funny details. So I watched that and some episodes of Weeds, which I guess is okay, and I drank some more wine, which I probably shouldn't have done.

So yesterday = no work done but hey...it was Sunday! Now today is a whole new day, so let's see how I do....

Oh but WAIT, Saturday I actually submitted something to IMVU! It's kind of lame and it's probably been done before but I was tired of seeing shoutouts on my homepage so I submitted a plain black bar that goes over the top of the shoutouts. I guess it counts, although it's just a sticker and it couldn't be any plainer. at least it's SOMETHING.

0 comments: