Sunday, April 29, 2007

Excuse: It Happened In Monterey

It happened in Monterey
A long time ago
I met her in Monterey
In old Mexico
Stars and steel guitars
And luscious lips as red as wine
Broke somebody's heart
And I'm afraid that it was mine


Heh, okay that old Frank Sinatra song doesn't fit at all, only the title.


Some really terrible timing had me going to Monterey (California, not Mexico!) for a day and a half right when a bunch of other crap was going down. It's hard for me to travel and take care of my cancer kitty and monitor my business all at the same time. I would have looooved to go to Monterey for two full nights, but even a day and a half is pushing it. My cat is supposed to get Prednisone every day, and for her to have it earlier one day and then later the next isn't really a big deal, but until I find a catsitter who can give medication and stay overnight, I can't really go anywhere for any length of time.


Yeah so, it was really great to get to spend a whole day and a half with my bf away (mostly) from cell phone calls and computers and email, but at the same time I'm being slandered by someone, and the sad thing is I see people who I might have expected more from, you know, expected them to say "well, we don't really know the whole situation" (because they don't) saying "oh this bad evil person, I hope justice is served and they are properly punished" and just totally hating on me. Maybe it's partly my fault because I read that the worst thing you can do in most situations is just say nothing, and I do that all the time. Instead of trying to explain my side or defend myself, I just say nothing. And now for legal reasons I can't really say anything anyway...but it's human nature to accept the dumbest, lamest reason for anything over no reason at all, so people assume silence = guilt. But as to a law suit all I can say is...bring it on! I'm more than ready.


So, that's life, right? All good/bad at once, all wrapped up together? I think it's the bad stuff that makes us appreciate the good stuff more.


And now, I'm off to actually do some work and to probably watch a salsa lesson dvd I have. I'm sooo terrible with this salsa stuff. My bf knew how to salsa before we even started taking lessons, although he had never had a formal lesson before so it's not like he isn't learning anything, but ME I'm just an uncoordinated klutz. So we're talking about some weird song on the radio and he was saying "I bet we could salsa to this" and I'm like "let's hear you count out the beat" and he listens and says "1,2,3,4,5,6,7....1,2,3..." and I'm like "what about 8?" and he tells me "there is no 8, it's a 7-count." What???? How did I not know this? He's probably right, but I must be worse than I thought! I thought I was dancing on an 8 count when really it's 7??? Errr...I need to get this sorted out by class tomorrow.

0 comments: