Sunday, June 3, 2007

Google: driving around a neighborhood near you


Yesterday I was printing out a map from maps.google.com when I noticed a shiny new button: Street View. Erm, isn't that what Google Maps DOES, show you a street view?

Apparently Google has sent out vans or some type of vehicle all over major U.S. cities and taken actual street-level pictures of gazillions of streets. It's kind of freaky. Check out this list of "top 15 google street view sightings". I'm sure some even more entertaining pictures will be found sooner or later. Hopefully not of me.

I checked, and my street is not represented (yet) but pretty much all of Palo Alto is, so check out the IMVU offices street view!!!

I guess this is the technology Google is using to do this. Those who love Google Earth (hi mom and kel) are going to FLIP over this.

0 comments: