Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Where art thou, DHL?

I'm sitting here waiting for the DHL guy to show up...I don't dare take a shower or run errands or do a load of laundry because any of those activities might mean that I would miss my package delivery.

Last week I ordered a new computer and monitor. My main computer is pretty much useless since it simply turns off it regular intervals. Microsoft alternates between telling me this is a hardware, a software, and a driver problem...I've given up and it's probably about time for a new computer anyway. I've been anxiously awaiting it so I can get some "real" work done for a change.

Monday the new monitor was supposed to arrive, but since my address was incomplete on the shipping label (basically my first name, the name of my street without the street address and my city/state/zip) it wasn't delivered until yesterday. Not much use without the computer. Now today the computer is supposed to arrive - a day earlier than predicted - and I've been waiting ALL DAY for the DHL guy to show up.

I just had to post here and complain about it. The DHL guy goes to my gym and recognizes me if I'm walking down the street - he knows my address/apt # by heart, I'm pretty sure his entire route is in Redwood City, and I'd be willing to bet he's driven within two blocks of my building at least three times today, but for whatever reason he hasn't showed up at my place yet. ARGH! I have to leave at 5:30 and it would have been really nice to do laundry before then and really, not showering before then isn't an option. Tomorrow I'm gone for several hours in the middle of the day for China's chemo appt....I really, really need to get the package today and I know this one is signature required.

Maybe I could go walk up and down the streets of Redwood City and try to flag him down...whatever...at this point I'm not even going to be able to take the thing out of the box today and start setting it up. :(

0 comments: