Friday, June 29, 2007

Spotting the elusive DHL truck


So, I heard a noise outside my window and it sounded like a truck, and sure enough it was the DHL truck and it was JUST LEAVING MY BUILDING! I ran downstairs, and there was no package, no delivery notice, nothing!

I called the local DHL office (believe me, I have that number stored in my contacts list now!) and tried to sound calm as I explained that the driver had been here and *I* had been here and there was no package and no delivery attempt. They said they would message the driver and send him back.

About 20 minutes later, I heard a knock on my door and someone yelling "DHL!" Finally, my computer!!!

The DHL guy at the door says "sorry we missed each other yesterday". (Cha, right...I was here!) and I ask him "and what about Wednesday?" You know what he tells me? He basically admits that he didn't even TRY to deliver the package on Wednesday. I told him I was waiting for him all day and didn't even take a shower so he says I'm making him feel guilty and I'm like "YOU SHOULD!!!" Then he sees my cat Rodney and starts asking me how old he is and giving me advice on having his teeth cleaned. In fact, he went on and on about how important it is, how the vet charges too much and how he used to be a dental hygienist. Okay, like I care. Hello buddy, I don't care if it cost $500 for you to have your 16 yr old cat's teeth cleaned and they wanted to charge you extra for excessive tartar buildup...I've spent over $15,000 on my cat in the last year, so I'm not impressed. I think he just wanted to keep talking until I hopefully forgot that I waited around all day for him on the day he just pretended I wasn't home instead of trying to deliver to me. Sorry buddy, I am NOT going to forget about that!!! It would have been better if he'd just gone away immediately.

(I just had this nightmare flash of him being my dental hygienist and being stuck in a chair for what would feel like an eternity while he scraped plaque off my teeth and yakked on and on about the most inane things. Noooooo!)

Oh...oh...and he asked me what was in the package, too! So unprofessional. I should have told him it was a bunch of pre-owned sex toys or maybe some adult diapers or...or...I dunno, something that would make him think twice about asking such nosy questions in the future.

So, now I have my computer, and with any luck I will find that copy of Windows XP was delivered today as well. It would have been SOOO great to have had it on Wednesday instead, though! I could have been setting it up Wednesday, finished it up Thursday and maybe even started doing some work Thursday. Now I'm way behind and I have plans in a few hours that DON'T include futzing around with a computer and a dual boot system. Gah.

Note: this was not my "regular" DHL guy, whom I actually like although maybe he sucks a little bit for letting someone else work his route most of this week.

0 comments: