Friday, February 8, 2008

Adding IMVU Buddies

A funny thing happened last November 7th, I started getting email requests for people that wanted to be my buddy on IMVU. There were a bunch of them that first day so I made a gmail filter to file them all away under a label called "imvu buddy requests" or something creative like that and then promptly forgot about them.

So, a few days ago I remembered that folder, checked it, and holy moly I had nearly 4000 buddy requests! I decided I'd been rather rude and should accept them but I couldn't figure out how. I did a search in IMVU's help documentation and it told me how to arrange my top 12 buddies and how to delete a buddy, but nothing on accepting a request. Finally, I actually READ ALL THE TEXT...you know, all those words and sentences and stuff in the invite email. The email says just click on the link included in the email which will open a person's profile, then click add.

Oh.

Duhhhh.

It seems like a pretty inefficient way to accept buddy requests, clicking, waiting for the page to load and then clicking and having another page load in. On the bright side, I actually get to see the home pages of all these people and there are some really awesome ones out there. Awesome, funny, weird, etc. I'm about 2/3 of the way through accepting all the requests, and I WILL FINISH!

Meanwhile, I also updated my profile pic, and it's been interesting to read some of the comments I've gotten since then. Here are some comments/answers to the messages I have been getting...

Is that really you in your profile pic? (or "if that's really you"):
Yes, it's really me. My bf took that picture a couple of months ago when we were staying in a hotel in Sonoma. He's actually in the picture, too, that's why my head is crooked to the side, I'm leaning in towards him. I cropped him out to respect his privacy.

Nice pic but what does your avatar look like?
I suppose the message here is that this is an avatar chat, so why am I posting a picture of my real self and not my avie self? I had to give this one some thought to decide if maybe they were right that I should be posting an avie pic. I have posted lots of avie pics over the last several years, but the beauty of IMVU is you can be anything you want, so my avie and my IMVU inventory is just a huge hodge podge of stuff, unlike the real me that spends most of the time just looking like...well...me. Maybe later I'll use an avie pic again, if I end up taking another one I especially like.

From your picture, you don't look like you're 40
Well, I don't feel 40 either. Could you fill me in on what 40 is SUPPOSED to look like? (Your mom, maybe?) I've spent a lot of time dating people that are younger than me and being pleased when I get carded and they don't and being obsessed with keeping my skin looking young and stuff like that. Now, I finally feel pretty comfortable with my age and am actually dating someone three whole years older than I am, but it is a little weird to suddenly be lumped in with "the people who are in their 40s" instead of "the people who are in their 30s". What a difference a day makes!

Stay away from my man!
Heheh, cute. Erm...I've no idea who your man is...probably I was just responding to his buddy request???

If you have any other questions or comments, you can leave them on my IMVU homepage if you like, and perhaps I will respond to them in my blog one day. Otherwise, if you want to contact me directly, don't forget my email is jinx.tv@gmail.com.

0 comments: