Thursday, February 21, 2008

My cat is now safe from gonorrhea AND malaria!


Yep, that's right. Little China Kitty (not so little since she's been taking Pepcid AC and has gained a pound and a half) now has some new raspberry-apple flavored liquid medicine that fights off bacterial infections INCLUDING malaria! I hope she likes raspberry-apple flavor better than the cherry flavored liquid she had last year that is also prescribed to treat gonorrhea. Too bad she is much feistier and stronger than she was back then (not easy to get a cat to swallow sticky sweet fruit flavored liquid.)

I can't believe how expensive a week's worth of medication is. If she has to take it for a second week or more (they have to weigh the benefits against the possible esophageal damage) I'm going to get the prescription refilled at Costco and see if it's any cheaper. I just hate going to Long's Drugs anyway. Although...it is educational. They make you queue up along side the adult diaper section and I never knew how many styles of those existed, many of them gender specific! It's so ridiculous...they have you queue up a ways back from the actual pharmacy counter for the privacy of people having their prescriptions filled. But...what about the privacy of the people who have to go "excuse me, pardon me...just trying to grab a pack of the super-size g-string style male adult diapers..."

China has to have this new med twice a day, so I guess there goes our overnight wine tasting trip to Santa Rosa on Sunday :( Oh well...she finishes cancer treatments in July and although she'll probably still be oozing and flinging snot all over everything, I won't have to put ointment in her eyes all the time, give her antacid medication or steroids or...her least favorite...cart her around to the vet every four weeks for chemo. Five more visits to go...woohoo!

1 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

I'll have you know I was drinking something when I read this: "excuse me, pardon me...just trying to grab a pack of the super-size g-string style male adult diapers..." and had to mop up my desk!

I'm glad your kitty is now safe from VD and malaria!