Friday, February 15, 2008

...we now return to my regularly scheduled Threadless addiction...

I love Threadless, the idea of it, the way the site is set up. If I had to find one find fault with it, I just think that the people who design the shirts should not only get a lump payment for having their design printed, they should get a percentage of each sale, too...AND they should get paid again when their design is reprinted. But...overall...the whole design and implementation of a mob designed/manufactured tshirt website is just awesome. The shirts are clever, too.

I just purchased this one today for my bf:

That is my Threadless shirt love du jour. It's cute and funny and my bf was the devil for Halloween (and I was an angel...I know, I know, it was like this role reversal thing) and he was pretty scary looking, but in reality if he were the/a devil, he would be this adorable one, playing around making snow angels. So, I'm feeding my Theadless addiction, but at least today I'm not buying yet one more shirt for myself.

2 comments:

Jake said...

they do get paid $500 every time their design is reprinted :)
from: http://www.threadless.com/submit
"$500 in cash each time your design is reprinted"

Jinx.tv said...

Oh, that's very cool to know. I read they didn't but of course I think someone wrote that in 2006...no idea if that means they didn't used to get paid or if the info was just wrong.

I suppose one might say that the percentage isn't that big a deal either, then, because since only a certain number of shirts are printed, it really is kind of like a percentage. Plus...one can't forget the value of having your name printed in all those shirts and on the website.