Thursday, January 1, 2009

31 days of energy

Happy New Year. I'm soooo happy this is the last holiday for almost three whole weeks. I was pretty optimistic going into the xmas/new years holidays, but was pretty over it by xmas night. Now I just want the mail schedule to be back to normal so it stops interrupting the Netflix delivery of ten seasons of Stargate SG-! plus 5 or 6 seasons of Stargate Atlantis (my current obsessions.) Screw federal holidays. Seriously...I mean it's not even like NO postal employee works on holidays...planes are still flying, trucks are still on the road, stuff still happens behind the scenes, it's just the people that have to deal with the public face-to-face that get to enjoy the day off, and then a bunch of other people are probably making time-and-a-half, and meanwhile it's almost impossible to get a mid-week netflix mailing back so you'll have movies before the next Tuesday.

I also hate the way stores are open very unpredictable hours. Did you ever notice that more businesses are closed on Christmas than any other day of the year? That's pretty funny when you consider it's not even p.c. for offices to have a Christmas party, they're supposed to have a "holiday" party so that people who celebrate hanukkah, kwanzaa or...I dunno...maybe nothing at all...so those people can feel included. I think they should rename xmas, maybe call it "even blue collar employees get the day off" day.

Um yeah anyway...off on a rant there. I'm just cranky today because, among other things, New Years Day is a very unpredictable holiday where you never know what will be open and if they are, what their modified hours will be. Well, except 7-11...they are reliably open 24/7/365. And they have Fritos. Did you know Fritos have only 3 ingredients? Corn (probably genetically modified), Corn oil (probably genetically modified) and salt.

YEAH ANYWAY....

This isn't exactly a new years resolution, but this month I'm going to try and do everything I can to have more energy.

To start with, I'm trying to be more reliable about drinking a glass of fresh squeezed juice when I get up. Lately I've been doing that about 50% of the time, but now my goal is 100%

Next thing, I'm going to make at least one matcha (green tea powder) smoothie each day, and I'll have that instead of coffee, since I believe coffee can give me energy, but in shorter bursts that will leave me more tired in the long run. I'm going to experiment with a few different recipes, perhaps throwing in some kale as well. That might sound weird, but kale is actually pretty mild blended up in a smoothie and it's a good way to get your minerals.

I'll be trying a bunch more stuff but I'll post about it later. Partly because I spent so much time ranting and partly because I haven't totally figured out what I'm going to do yet.

0 comments: