Saturday, January 10, 2009

Energy day 9: Motivation

Well, I think the way I've been eating lately, with all the fresh juice and the matcha and maca and no high fat simple carb foods until the day is almost over is really helping me have more energy. In fact, the last few days at the gym I've been feeling energetic and strong and I've been pushing myself when doing cardio without even thinking about it.

Once I get going in the morning, after the first few hours, I have plenty of energy. It seems like my problem is more one of motivation. Like I won't get anything "done" until I find something to inspire me. The last few days it's been searching for pictures on old hard drives and scanning in photos and negatives for Facebook. I've been very motivated and driven to work on that, but there are other things I really should get done, arguably more important, that I just don't seem to get to.

All the energy in the world won't do me any good without the drive or motivation to do something with it.

Maybe if I make a list, and look at it in the mornings. Sometimes I just don't remember what it was I was going to do until later in the day, and I feel disorganized and scattered. With a big list of everything I want or need to do on it, I could scan the list while drinking my morning juice, or when I'm still laying there going "um, I really should get up..." and find something that inspires me. For the most part I don't think it matters what order stuff gets done in, as long as it gets done.

Now I just need to decide if I should write my list in Google Notebook or the old fashioned way, on paper. OR...on the touchscreen of my tablet pc using OCR!!! That could be fun because then I'd have it on my computer but I'd also be writing it by hand, which I think I read stimulates different parts of your brain than typing.

0 comments: