Thursday, January 8, 2009

Energy day 7: My get up and go...

...got up and went.

I didn't sleep so well last night...I was doing okay until my phone woke me up (note to self: silent mode isn't good enough, it has to be set not to vibrate) and then a few hours later my cat Rodney woke me up THROWING UP ON MY BED. Ugh.

So I was kind of dragging when I got up, although I did get up a little earlier at least, so that was good.

Then before I could have some grapefruit juice or a matcha smoothie, UPS showed up earlier than usual and brought me a box of Koka Moka Pro Bar, a mostly raw organic energy bar full of dried fruit, nuts and decent sized chocolate chips. So of course I ate one. They're very filling with lots-o-calories and have that "this must be really healthy stuff" kind of taste that is saved from mediocrity by the chocolate chunks. I'm planning to give most of them to my bf so he doesn't starve during busy workdays, but I love to try something new. This totally ruined my appetite for hours.

I moped around for a while, ready to spend the day watching Stargate, but I've known for a few days that it was supposed to be a beautiful and mostly sunny 60 degrees. I'd have been kicking myself if I didn't get anything done or get outside and enjoy the day, so I finally motivated out to run some errands. I felt envigorated while I was walking, but standing in line I felt like I could doze off while waiting and by the time I was almost home I started really dragging.

After having grapefruit juice and a matcha smoothie I felt better but still not really like doing anything until I was inspired to search for and upload a bunch of photos to Facebook. Suddenly I had much more energy! So I guess finding something you can get excited about is one way to rev up energy levels. It's also one way to stay up way past one's bedtime yet again.

Oh, I think I figured out one of the reasons the smoothie has been tasting a little weird. Gelatinized maca has a mild butterscotch flavor. Maybe not the best flavor combined with OJ and green tea flavors.

0 comments: