Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Energy day 5: ready for a workout?

I was trying to go to bed earlier last night but I couldn't sleep. I started messing around with my iPhone, I thought maybe I'd play a little Aurora Feint, but I got stuck reading up on the update or version two or whatever it was and couldn't decide if I should update or not so I ended up discovering mint.com instead. It looks like a pretty cool website where you can track all your financial info in one place, including keeping updated on your bank accounts AND PayPal. To make it even sweeter, they have a free app for the iPhone that ties in with the site. Definitely worth a look-see.

So tonight I hope once again to go to bed a little earlier, although it's getting a bit late so we'll see. If I get up a little earlier, that would also be a step in the right direction. I am feeling pretty sleepy right now, although I did have plenty of energy today, including while at the gym! So, I'm pretty pleased about that. I just hope to repeat that over and over and over.

I really need to eat more vegetables, so tomorrow I'm going to try and make getting to the grocery store a priority.

I was reading that you can feel energized by getting rid of stuff...and lord knows I have too much stuff, so I thought I'd get rid of a bunch of magazines I have hanging around taking up too much space on my bookshelves. That was not as easy as it seemed. I sort of ended up with most of them still on shelves and a big pile of them waiting to be looked through before I recycle them...I just can't get rid of them if I haven't read them or at least paged through them yet! And many of them I view as valuable resources. Argh. I did get a few things out of my apartment however, and tomorrow I hope to do enough to make a VISIBLE difference.

I took a stab at researching low-light plants, and so far I purchased some Spanish Thyme, aka Mexican Mint, aka Cuban Oregano from eBay...it's being shipped from Puerto Rico. This plant/herb is either very worldly or very confused. I need to research/procure a few more and then clean off the top rack of my growing shelves to host my new plants. I love the idea that I can get some that are edible like this one (I guess if a recipe calls for mint, oregano and thyme...I'll only need to add one thing!)

I did have a matcha smoothie today, and I had another non-matcha smoothie after the gym. I usually make a smoothie for my bf and I and leave it in the car for when we get out of the gym...I wanted him to try the matcha powder but ummmm...probably a bad idea so late in the evening so I just used orange juice, frozen bananas, frozen cherries and a few packets of Stevia. I'm going to be really sad when I run out of Stevia because I got some packets at Grocery Outlet and they dont' have them any more, but maybe I'll try the liquid next.

Okay, in danger of babbling...going to bed...g'night...

0 comments: