Monday, January 5, 2009

Energy day 4: let's wrestle!

Today I had two matcha smoothies, each made from the juice of three oranges, a banana, four packets of stevia, two heaping little spoons of matcha and seven ice cubes. The first one I managed somehow to spill part of on my dress, on my face and even in my eye. Yeah, don't ask. The second one I added some sports vitamin powder to.

I felt like I had a pretty good energy level, but I didn't put it to good use. At least not to do anything physical. I did go through the book "365 Energy Boosters" and picked out some stuff I'd like to try...

Take your vitamins with oj. By taking the sports vitamin powder, I guess I did this one today although it was rather random. I don't even have any more of the powder, so I'm not sure if I'll do it again.

Drink fresh vegetable juice. I've been drinking fruit juice, I wouldn't mind adding veggie juice to the mix, although having the amount of produce on hand to juice every day can be a bit overwhelming and expensive.

Lose a little weight. Just think, if I could lose ten pounds this month, that would be ten less pounds I'd have to lug around! Like putting down the backpack you always carry.

Cultivate indoor plants. I have plants on my balcony and in my bf's garden, but having plants in your home can provide oxygen and moisture to the air, reduce dust, and even lessen fatigue and coughs. I'm going to research the best plants to grow in low-light conditions, since i get barely any direct sunlight in my apartment. I have grow lights but I'm using them right now to sprout peas and beans for our garden, and after that it will be chili peppers and cilantro.

Jump rope. Jumping rope for one minute is supposed to get your blood flowing and energize you. Hey, it's only one minute...might as well give it a try.

Juggle. Studies have shown that practicing juggling every day for three months can increase the size of the mid-temporal lobe in your brain by 3%. That sounds pretty cool, so I ordered a book and some balls on Amazon. It was only ten bucks so why not? I think just trying to do it counts, even if you fail over and over. Since the book won't arrive until Wednesday, I may try some other coordination activities...like using the Wii and maybe the Wii Fit. I have a Wii version of DDR that I've never used, and some other goofy "physical fitness" type games I may try.

Wrestle. Wrestling is supposed to be a great mental and physical release, and I was hoping my bf would volunteer to be my wrestling partner guinea pig, but today all we did was go to the giant asian grocery store and then go out to dinner, and both places would probably frown on wrestling. In fact, the bartender at the restaurant gave us a free dessert to try and prevent us from wrestling. I wonder if that would work anywhere else...(cuz I'm all about the free dessert, especially when it's coconut sorbet with Godiva chocolate liqueur poured on top.)

Speaking of dinner and the asian grocery, I wouldn't really say the items I ate and the items I shopped for at the market were any kind of energy power-houses, although I did notice that you can buy bags of matcha at the asian market and if it tastes decent I could save a lot of money getting it there.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get more done than i did today, AND we are supposed to go to the gym tomorrow night. I also hope to get up a little earlier (to take advantage of the fact that daylight/sunlight are energy-giving) so I guess I should GO TO BED RIGHT NOW. G'night.

0 comments: