Sunday, January 4, 2009

Energy day 3: Not!

One of the first things I saw today was a city bus with the word "NOT" lit up in the back window. I was thinking of it as the Borat bus...here comes a bus, you're all excited or relieved or whatever because you're about to get on the bus and then it passes you by. Then finally as it pulls past and leaves you in a cloud of dust, you see the word "NOT".

And that was my energy day today. It started last night. I went to my bf's and ate kind of late and went to bed kind of early and then kept waking up all night and then got up early. I meant to go back to bed but that never happened. So I just kind of dragged around the whole day. It was like what NOT to do if you want to have energy. I didn't have any juice or matcha...I did have a smoothie with soy milk, espresso powder and raw cacao powder (which did nothing for me) then I also had a lot of simple carbs and then I took a nap in the evening which is the worst time because now it is that much harder to go to bed.

I'm hoping to do better tomorrow...get a decent night of sleep tonight, start off the day with a matcha smoothie, and darnit...eat a salad! I've been flipping through the book "365 Energy Boosters", and I hope to pick a few things from there to boost my energy tomorrow, but I haven't decided what yet and I'm not sure what my plans are tomorrow.

0 comments: