Wednesday, October 1, 2008

camera, camera, camera, camera, camera!

Yay, my camera arrived! I don't really know what I'm doing, but I did manage to take a few pictures already, and not even on maximum size/quality! (Because I have no clue how to change that setting.)

First, a cat picture so I can be a crazy cat lady. Look how well my camera shows not only each individual hair on Rodney's head, but that Rodney's dust mite allergies are acting up and he's been scratching his right eye! Geez, I should get him to the kitty dermatologist. See, already my camera may have saved my poor kitty a lot of pain and suffering.



Then, I took a picture of my tablet pc screen...look how well the letters show up, and this is on autofocus! I could be a spy or something now!



Then, I tried doing the whole fisheye thing, which was kinda my main reason for getting a "nice" camera. Look how fisheye-ish my keyboard looks!



I even managed to make Mark Wahlberg look puffy and fat! Sorry Marky Mark.



Then the camera stopped taking pictures...I'm not sure why but I think a little RTFM plus maybe watching the tutorial DVD and taking a peek at the supplementary book I got just miiiiiight be a good idea at this point.

I'm loving my camera, even though it's um....super gigantic. Seriously, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to lug it around in my largest purse, and it's not exactly discrete. I'm going to look like a paparazzi stalker type anywhere I take it.

And...

I find myself questioning whether I am a person who should have a camera like this. It has lenses you have to take off and change. It comes with little cleaning kit thingies to keep little specks of dust away. It has lots of little parts that need to be clean and dust-free and not misplaced.

Meanwhile, *I* have sometimes been likened to Pigpen, with a trail of dust following me wherever I go. Oh, and hair...both mine and that of my cats. Not only is my apartment full of dust and hair (sorry Rodney-dust-mite-allergy-kitty!) but so am I and so are my clothes and everything I pass by.

I hear tropical storm "Laura" has been blustering away lately, and I'd have to say it's about time one of those was named after me, since I leave a trail of dust and debris everywhere I go.

But CAMERA NUTS are supposed to be neat and fastidious. Not messy, not always losing things, not providing the momentum for a cloud of dust and hair.

Maybe dust and hair on the lense can be my thing! Dust and hair with the fisheye lens effect! It's my schtick! Dusty bloated looking pictures with little bits of hair blurred across them.

Wow, I have a schtick!

1 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

Ooooh... CAMERA ENVY! I would LOOOVE a good digital camera but that is on my list after "laptop computer".

People where I live would be all freaked out by a real, lens changin' papparazzi type camera(which is almost a whole reason in itself to get such a camera).

Hope you figure out what the dealio is.

And yeah.. Tropical Storm Laura... which fizzled when it hit the cold... seems anticlimactic but somehow fitting (at least in MY case...LOL)