Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Halloween shopping on eBay

I've come to the conclusion that if you want to buy stuff to use for Halloween from eBay, you should do it at least three months ahead of time.

I found the shoes and tights I wanted for my costume on eBay and they arrived just fine, but I also purchased what I HOPE is the perfect fabric or my dress and it was just finally shipped out today. I guess the seller ran out of ink in her printer, so she couldn't print out a shipping label using PayPal. So, I had to wait for her to ummmm....but more INK before sending my package. That's a little weird if you ask me...can't she just take a pen and write my name and address on the envelope?

Also delayed is the cape pattern I bought/won. Oh, I received a package from that seller in the mail, and it even had a cape pattern in it, it just wasn't the correct pattern. I don't know if I'll be able to get the correct one from them or if I'll be expected to send this one back or what, but without the pattern I don't even know how much fabric I need to make a Little Red Riding Hood cape. Oh, and a wig! I ordered a wig as well and there is no sign of that, which is actually rather funny because I ordered one last year as well and it simply never arrived at all.

I was really trying not to procrastinate on my costume this year, but now I'm afraid I may be doing a repeat of last year's "stay up all night cutting and sewing, grab a few hours of sleep in the morning and then frantically sew the rest of the day, finally sewing the second sleeve on while your bf waits in the car for you, and then finding out you sewed it inside-out."

In other news, who knew yoga was so addictive? I even did some vinyasa type yoga on Sunday, AND I did yin yoga. The two types should balance each other, since one is more active and the other more passive. One works the muscles, the other the connective tissues. The only thing is, to do both of them took me TWO hours. I wasn't really counting on giving up two hours of my day to this. It's great before bedtime, though...really clears my head and helps me fall asleep. At least it does if the person in the dvd isn't telling weird stories about elephants and how her kids aren't four years old any more.

Last night I was doing my yoga (just yin) and I was wondering if it would be so very wrong to have a glass of wine while holding these poses. I mean, I'm holding these poses for five minutes each...surely there is some time in there to take a sip now and then? That's when this chick on the dvd starts talking about how these poses are really good for the liver, which works so hard ridding our body of toxins both from the environment and from the things we do to it like um....drinking alcohol. I'm just not sure how to interpret that...does that mean I shouldn't do it because it's taxing my liver, or that while I'm doing a pose that stimulates my liver would be THE PERFECT time for wine?

1 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

Well, my thought is that the drinking wine whilst doing detoxing poses = balance. You may not be gaining ground, but you aren't losing ground, either.