Wednesday, September 19, 2007

'''drat

This morning, for the first time in a VERY long time, I woke up and thought "I wonder if I have some approvals in There today????"

I used to wake up this way all the time...sometimes I didn't know what day stuff might be pushed into the There world, other times I DID know what day it was supposed to happen (of course SORD can ALWAYS break) but either way, it was always a feeling of Christmas morning. Or like, potential Christmas morning, like you forgot if today was REALLY Christmas or not, or you were kind of naughty during the year before so you weren't REALLY sure Santa was going to visit you. There were days where potential There approvals were pretty much the only thing that got me out of bed.

So this morning, I thought "hey, I might have some approvals!" Wheeee! I got up out of bed and I fired up Outlook on my Alienware laptop. The laptop is old (I think about a month older than my There avie - I think it was the last Hivemind that Alienware ever made, it was also the last laptop they ever let anyone pick up in person - I flew to Miami to get it - and they erroneously labeled it an Area-51 so if it were a postage stamp it would be worth a fortune instead of an old laptop that might maybe be worth $25 or might actually cost me $25 if I were trying to take it to a recycling center), that copy of Outlook has been installed on there forever, and the email addresses that get downloaded there are also old (literally 99.9% spam and other junk, and lots of it) so I waited for a while for Outlook to boot up and check for mail (like, the mail that goes into my there/submissions folder) but I was impatient so I logged in-world on my shiny new computer that has all new apps on it and does everything super fast.

'''drat. There is no new wallpaper. '''sad. Wait...I shouldn't say '''sad, that's a kind of ugly face, maybe just 'sad. I checked the There forums to see if anyone was in the Developer forum complaining about how they didn't get their item approved, and then checked the Advertisements forum to see if anyone was advertising freshly approved stuff and...nothing. Hmmm...aren't approvals on Monday, Wednesday and Friday now? Which is actually friggin' amazing...three days a week! How spoiled we all are now. Oh, except no wallpaper. Maybe because Sonny is on vacation and the approvers are a bit behind? I've seen Sonny approve while on vacation. I've seen him approving items on Christmas Day, seen him approving while pretty much everyone else at the There offices is off skiing in Tahoe or going to a There Gathering. But...this time, I think he is really, actually not approving things.

I don't have anything to go with the wallpaper right now anyway. I'm hoping to submit some more items today and to fire up 3ds Max, but my bf is coming over for lunch today so I may not be able to do anything until later.

........I am still waiting for Outlook to download mail. Thank goodness that's not the only way to check for approvals.......

Oh...I just bought my first transparency skin-independent top Monday. Soooo cool! I'm not much of a clothing painter, but if I get inspired or something maybe I'll try it out just for fun, especially since I downloaded the latest beta of Stylemaker. It's amazing what TheChaz has done with it.

I've had a lot of clothing envy over the years, since I refuse to use Caramel skin, now I am very tempted to go on a little shopping spree. Oooh...must save ThereBucks for submissions, though. Right now I have a TON of ThereBucks, but those are to SELL not to SHOP WITH!!!

0 comments: