Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rollover Minutes...Or Not

Did I mention a few times how much I love my iPhone and hate the service (ATT) I am forced to use with it?

Okay but wait...check out the pic with this post. That's my new monitor that has a dock for the iPod. The iPhone doesn't work right with it, but it seems to recharge in the dock. Perhaps I'll eventually find some update or something that allows it to work properly, meanwhile it looks cool there except for the message that it doesn't work properly and do I want to turn on Airplane Mode. Also, when did the pedestal of my monitor get so dusty? It's totally awesome...it has four USB ports, a little speaker and a couple different memory card slots. Soooo convenient.

Yeah, so the monitor and having the computer mostly all set up finally makes me happy. AT&T...not so much. Yesterday, my bf was out of town and I sent him a couple text messages and I didn't hear from him all day. Usually he sends a bunch of texts and calls at least once, usually twice. I just thought that maybe he was too busy or something because of business or maybe he got out of town and realized how happy he was to be away from me and just decided to never talk to me again. Well? I don't know...it could happen...I mean, not even one text message? I went to bed all sad and stuff.

This morning I woke up at 6am, which trust me, is very early for me. I think I woke up because my cat Rodney threw up all over the catfood bowl AND the water dish and so both cats were rather hungry/thirsty and restless/jumping all over me, but anyway...I sat up in bed and went "did AT&T bill me this month??? What is the date today?" I checked online and sure enough I owed them money. I have the pay-as-you-go or prepaid minutes plan because when I signed up I was having a bit of a hassle with it and it was looking like I was going to have to go to some ATT/Cingular wireless store in person to get it taken care of when I found I could do the pay-as-you-go with no trouble. It costs about the same, I guess a little more, than the regular plan and you aren't locked into a two year contract. Actually, I would suppose the bit extra you pay would probably add up to about $200 over two years and so it's just about exactly the same as paying $200 to get out of a contract, but whatever...it was what I ended up with at the time.

So, I needed to pay money for this new month of service, but they didn't call me, didn't text me, and didn't even send me an email to let me know. And I was sending text messages and they LOOKED like they were actually going somewhere. If I hadn't checked, who knows how many days could have gone by where I didn't have any service while meanwhile I grew more and more depressed thinking nobody wanted to talk to me? I thought I was set up for automatic renewal every month, but um...I guess it wasn't working? Meantime, I lost what amounts to about 400 rollover minutes. This is the second month in a row I have lost my rollover minutes. I have to wonder if they do it on purpose or something...like, if you have at least X number of minutes left, then don't notify you of needing to pay because *mwahaha* then you'll lose them.

Oh well, it's mostly just irritating...it's likely the rollover minutes would have just gone to waste, otherwise I wouldn't have had so many to roll over. I just wanted to say again that AT&T sucks.

0 comments: