Sunday, September 23, 2007

Why, There, Why??

Okay, below I have proof that There does stuff with regard to the Developer program that makes no sense. Not exactly a newsflash, I knew this at least since 2003 when one of the approvers rejected a TON of my builder items for basically no reason other than maybe he didn't want to take the time to approve them right before they shut down the developer program for six weeks. Six weeks that were some of the most depressing of my life.

Yeah so anyway, I know we don't exactly have resource based pricing and I mostly understand that ('whatever) but...

I was submitting a few rasta style hairstyles, and I noticed I was accidentally submitting them as hi-res and I kind of panicked. OMG...I don't want to pay high-res prices for this little tiny texture! Turns out I needn't have worried. See the chart below...rasta hi-res is only 100 ThereBucks (or about 12%) higher in price than the "regular" version...


Now let's look at the item I just submitted. I submitted a house painter floor texture, which is 128x128 pixels. After submitting it, I wondered if I should have submitted a high res version instead. So, I checked out the pricing....


Both the rasta high res and the house floor high res have a texture that is four times the size of the "regular" resolution file, however, the hi-res floor texture is 133% higher in price than the regular texture. That is over ten times the increase of the hi-res rasta! What sort of crack are they smoking at There? I want some!

*disclaimer: I don't REALLY want any of the crack they are smoking at There, I'm just kidding. Drugs are bad, boys and girls (and thereians and There employees)...just look at what they've done to these prices!) You need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what to use when...although how many rocket scientists do you know that have time to develop stuff for There?

0 comments: