Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ode to a bowl


Bowl, you were perfect
for popcorn
for brownie or cake batter
to mix up pizza dough
for ceasar salad
I'll miss you but
I guess it was your time to go

Haha...worst "poem" evar.

My mom gave me this bowl about maybe 14 years ago when I first moved to Boston. It was part of a set of items to make popcorn with, a big white bowl with a blue stripe near the rim, a hot air popper, some gourmet popcorn and some seasoning salts. It was an awesome (birthday I think) gift and I especially loved the bowl.

I guess it's moved about six times with me since then. I play favorites with bowls and this was my hands-down favorite and perfect for so many things. SO perfect that I just had to bring it to my bf's to make pizza this past Sunday. I guess it finally got knocked around one too many times...it got a big crack in it and bye-bye favorite bowl :(

I realized, though, that it's kind of immortalized in my Cheese Curls Party Bowl in There, so it's like I'll always have it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! and I thought it was just another bowl.

Jinx.tv said...

Well, it was, but it was a particularly good bowl as bowls go.