Tuesday, September 4, 2007

That's the ultimate prize???


Yes, I like to complain about stuff. Looking around me, I don't think I'm alone in that.

Today's rant is about IMVU's latest Street Team "woo woo" invite all your friends thing. Refer 30 friends to sign up for IMVU in one month, and you're entered in a drawing to win a 4gb iPhone. They call it the "Ultimate Prize".

I've seen IMVU give away gameboys and whatever the latest little gadget is before, and I guess that's cool but I just wonder why the four gig iPhone is the "Ultimate Prize". First of all, couldn't they have spent an extra hundred bucks for the 8gig? That would be so much better of a prize, IMO. I have the eight gig and I already have more than four gigs of stuff on it. 4gigs just isn't that much space. Also, if you get the iPhone you are talking about a VERY EXPENSIVE phone bill.

I mean, I have people emailing me every day asking how they can get cheap credits or free credits because they have no money, have no credit card, they are only 14 years old and their parents won't buy them any credits, etc. etc. Now you want to give them a prize that is 1.) The wimpier iPhone that doesn't hold that much data and 2.) comes with a phone bill of about $100 a month? I think most of the people that might potentially scramble around for a month trying to get thirty people to join are probably people who either don't want to or can't afford to pay one hundred dollars a month for a cellular phone which only works on the Cingular/ATT network.

I suppose if you win this phone, you can always sell it on eBay or Craigslist or something. And, if you are in a country where the iPhone is not available you could always sell sexytime with it, but wouldn't it make more sense to just give away a Wii or something?

Actually, if it were a Wii they were giving away...I might be tempted to try and rustle up 30 friends myself!

0 comments: