Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I was right...and other There stuff


I was speculating about There approvals being delayed last week because of Sonny being on vacation, and I was right! Sonny sent me an email last night/this morning at 3:50am!!! "Why?" I wondered, "Why the HECK is he sending email at 3:50am, especially on a weekday???" Well, when I read the email I knew...he said he was up until then approving stuff! I don't know where Rosie was, but that new guy approver got pretty behind, I guess.

No wonder Sonny almost never takes time off. You kind of can't blame the new guy, though...I mean we have some pretty high expectations of approvals sometimes BECAUSE Sonny works so hard, but does that mean everyone is going to work as many hours as he does? (Or approve as fast as Rosie, who has been doing it for I dunno...four years?) Maybe the dude is hourly and wasn't authorized for overtime...maybe he just doesn't want to work 60 hours while being paid for 40, maybe he was askeered of approving all those things people try to sneak through submissions...maybe he wants to stand around chatting with Baloo about WoW all the time (oh no wait...Baloo is long gone...that was one of the old approvers, it would be nice to think they don't do that any more.)

I don't really care if my silly wallpaper and floors (I had some floor covering approved...whee) take a few extra days...it's not like it's going to be a runaway best seller or anything. I'm just hoping to sell a few copies once there is some matching other stuff to go with it, but mostly I'm glad to be redecorating my clubhouse slowly but surely.

Hey, I heard There is moving! Not like they are going far, more like next building over, but it's mention-worthy because Forterra isn't going with so they will finally be physically separated.

I was watching YouTube There.com videos yesterday. It's so cool to watch this stuff just to see all the content that is there somewhere in There. I mean, people don't always keep pazzes out all the time, stuff goes in and out of auctions, neighborhoods can be hard to find, so a nice lazy way to take a tour is by checking out all those videos. My favorite one is still the one Chagall did in 2004, "Party There".

0 comments: