Sunday, May 13, 2007

Excuse: Entertaining Clients

Well, not MY clients, my bf's, and it's more like they were entertaining us. But anyway...Thursday was the day we did what I wanted to do, watching campy sci-fi b-movies and lesbian burlesque, so I'm thinking "okay, on Friday we do his have dinner with clients thing" which sounds about as exciting to me as "let's go have a three hour meeting".

I'm happy to say it was actually fun. His clients are interesting characters. Other than me wearing red and everyone else wearing beige I felt like I fit in fine, although if I come up in conversations in the future I may be referred to as "the peyote girl" (don't ask!) It was enjoyable enough that I think we are actually going to invite them somewhere in a couple of weeks.

We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, which was kind of cool because, since I'm a vegetarian, we wouldn't have normally gone to. That place is okay...at least they have a portobello mushroom dish. They served me a salad with bacon in it after obviously going to great lengths to try and give me the one without bacon in it, and I ate a few bacon bits before realizing so...ew! For dessert we had the warm apple crumb tart, which was really not the greatest. If you go there, you should probably have the carmelized banana cream pie.

Saturday we went to brunch at Saint Micheal's Alley. I didn't see an alley, so not sure what the name is all about, but the Blue Monkey pancakes are really amazing and the mimosas are pretty great, too. Oh, and the strawberry bread pudding comes with the most amazing sauce. Definitely the best food we had this weekend. I know we'll be back.

Then Saturday evening we went out again...can you say "get me a stomach pump, please"? We went to Mistral, which was my first ever trip to Redwood Shores. Now I know where Electronic Arts and Oracle are...because we passed them when we missed our turn and got a little lost. Well, not lost exactly...I don't think you can get lost in Redwood Shores because everything doubles back on itself eventually. We had the wild mushroom streudel, which was okay but I think filo was the wrong choice for a crust, and for an entree I had the scallops...every once in a while I will eat a scallop or four, you know? They are practically plants anyway...they don't even have a nervous system. Hey...don't look at me like that! Sheesh. For dessert we had the blood orange cheesecake, which was pretty good. That place is somewhat nice, with a view of the water and some of Redwood Shores prefab townhomes and generic office buildings, and they have a fireplace, too.

Haha...you didn't know this was going to be a restaurant review, did you?

0 comments: