Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Excuse: Spontaneous Rebooting

Monday morning I was, for the first time recently, doing some development work in Photoshop before going to the gym. Not just monitoring sales or doing customer service stuff or making banner ads...I was making actual "stuff" when my computer decided to spontaneously reboot. Again. It started doing this a while back, but this is the first time I've lost work because of it. So, I started out doing "work" and ended up using Panda ActiveScan and removing a couple USB devices that could have possibly been causing the driver failure (I hope.)

I'd like to say I got a bunch of work done later in the day, but I know I didn't. I'm not 100% sure what I was doing that afternoon, but Monday evenings are salsa class and this was the first day of the new session. Oooooh...I feel soooo bad I got my bf to play hooky for the last class of the previous session. This new class had some much more experienced people in it and it's bigger so we didn't get to dance with each other pretty much the whole time. I had guys trying all their much more advanced moves on me (butterfly? wth?) and he had women expecting him to lead them in moves he had no clue how to do. At the end of the hour he seemed pretty unhappy, but nothing a trip to Iberia Restaurant and four glasses of sangria (I hear Iberia uses something like six kinds of alcohol in it...would you like some wine mixed with your hard liquor?) couldn't almost completely reverse. We were feeling no pain. In fact, I'd say that fourth glass of sangria wasn't the best idea. I'd like to blame the bartender for that one...he poured it for us after the bill was paid. Of course that was in response to my "quiero mas sangria!" But...he didn't have to actually listen to me! I say all kinds of crazy stuff in foreign languages - some of which even makes sense, apparently - when I'm drinking.

Still feeling guilty (on top of being hung-over) for the hooky debacle, the next morning I ordered our instructor's salsa lesson dvd. She said you only need it if you're struggling in the class. Well, Monday evening we started struggling!

0 comments: