Thursday, May 10, 2007

Excuse: Today is my day off?

I was walking to the gym yesterday when a DHL truck stops right in front of me, in the middle of the street. It's my "regular" DHL guy...of course I kind of know all the delivery drivers: I was a prisoner in my own apartment for so long I've gotten used to ordering just about anything online. Name something and I've probably found/ordered it online. So this guy says "hey, I have a package for you! I'll just leave it outside your door, okay?"

So, I get home from the gym and there is no package but a little while later the doorbell rings and it's him. "Oh, you're home already...you're fast!" he says. "I was at the gym but I didn't do any cardio today" say I. WTH? Why did I just tell my DHL guy I didn't do cardio? "Oh, you work out?" he says. "What gym? Oh, that's my gym, too! I skip cardio all the time because this route is like cardio, it has more stairs than any of the other routes."

Okay, so this guy goes to my gym. WHY OH WHY do I keep confessing to people who work out at my gym that I didn't do cardio? I think I really need to do my cardio today. My idea was that skipping cardio would give me more time to clean and cleaning is like doing cardio anyway. However, I didn't actually clean anything. I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I watched a movie about the life of Ron Jeremy...woo! I'm happy to report that he has more products cluttering his bathroom counter than I do. Thanks, Ron, for making me feel like maybe my bathroom counter isn't that cluttered after all.

1 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

That Ron Jeremy is actually a pretty damn interesting guy... And he has a good sense of humor, too.