Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm NOT an IMVU VIP

Well, that was quick. After reading the IMVU forums VIP section I decided paying for "VIP" status was really not worth it, and I cancelled my subscription. I seem to be totally removed from the program now...Immediately. Shouldn't I have gotten 30 days or until the end of this month or something? Sheesh, that's not fair! This program is not-quite-ready-for-prime-time.

Bundles are a great value...it's like they have to entice you anew each time. But VIP? Once they have your subscription I guess they figure they can just sit back and rake in the automated payments from you each month. The worst part is that bundles and VIP bonuses overlap from what I have seen. So you might get something like "Britany's Barber Chair" with some credits as this great bundle, and then you get the barber chair with the VIP package as well. So you're paying for it twice, but it's not like you have an extra one to give away or something.

Hmmm...I wonder...VIPs get special animations...did they take my animations away now even though I paid for the month? Or...do I get to keep the animations I paid for? Or...what? I can't even post in the VIP forums to ask about that, because I don't have my status any more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

after reading this...i am surprised they aren't forcing you to be a VIP...
just so ya know...i refused the non-value item myself...and i think they don't get why i am protesting it...

Jinx.tv said...

I was at the IMVU offices today and I tried to find the person responsible for the VIP stuff to give them my "valuable input" and also to complain about what happened when i canceled, and I did find out who it was but he was nowhere to be found. Marcus said maybe he can trick him into having lunch with us some time *evil laugh*