Sunday, May 27, 2007

Wow! A secret message from your teeth!



About a month or so ago, after eating at the Tonga Room and playing the "...in bed" game with the usual end-of-meal fortune cookies (read your fortune cookie out loud and then add "...in bed" to the end of whatever it says) I decided it would be a Really Great Idea to have fortune cookies after every meal.

Only eating at restaurants that serve fortune cookies would have been one way to do this, but I don't think my bf would have liked being restricted to eating at chinese takeout joints and cheesy tiki bars, so instead I ordered a case of fortune cookies on amazon. Soon we were tormenting restaurant and bar staff up and down the peninsula with our silly reindeer games.

We had a lot of fun and I highly recommend to anyone that they try fortune cookies after every meal...they go great with italian food, spanish, french...why should asian cuisine get all the fortune-telling goodness? Then I had the brilliant idea to dip the cookies in chocolate. OMG...not only do fortune cookies go great with every kind of cuisine, they are to-die-for when dipped in chocolate! Really, once you try one dipped in chocolate, a non-chocolate-dipped cookie will just seem naked. I tried white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate, and I'd recommend you stick with just dark chocolate. It definitely has the best taste/contrast with the delicately orange-flavored cookie, and besides...it has more anti-oxidants.

Usually the "...in bed" game works great and is pretty hysterical after some wine or a few cocktails. Check these out...

"Today is a great day for learning something new...in bed"

"Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change...in bed."

"You are almost there...in bed."

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year...in bed."

"You are careful and systematic in your business arrangements...in bed."

Sometimes they can seem a little more disturbing, like...

"Working with children has a miraculous effect on your spirits...in bed."

And occasionally they are just plain weird (even if you don't add "in bed" on the end such as...

"Wow! A secret message from your teeth!"

I want to know what opiate someone was smoking when they wrote that one. And...can I have some?

And another question: What do I do once I've gone through all 400 fortune cookies in the case?
I think in the name of progress, I will have to start making my own cookies from scratch. Just think, I can even write my own fortunes that way. That should add a new level of interest to the "...in bed" game!

0 comments: