Friday, May 18, 2007

IMVU Headquarters: Sneak Attack!

Heheh...today is Friday and I knew if I emailed Matt at IMVU and said I was going to show up at IMVU today he'd be like "it's a bad day to do that, don't come." Fridays are never, ever good for Matt in my experience. BUT I had something that needed to be delivered asap, so I cancelled with my personal trainer and just showed up at IMVU. Surprise!!! ;)

IMVU has 45 employees now! I used to know everyone that worked there, at least until they had about 12 - 15 employees. Now it's just a sea of faces I don't know. Wow. I think I stole some of Will-the-CEO-with-the-charismatic-smile's face-time with Matt, but Will was really polite about it and said he liked my hair, then I said "hi" to Clare, who looked very harried and like she was afraid I was going to yell at her about something, then I pestered Dusty about Shoutouts and found out he's not even the person who wrote the code for them so I've been pestering the wrong person all these months and Dusty has just been soooo nice about it. I waived to the always-on-the-phone Ari, caught a few glimpses of the elusive Eric, moved out of the way of a bunch of people I've never seen before in my life, and got to see some reallllly cool stuff Marcus is working on. Marcus Rulez!!!! Well, he used some products of mine in the new registration pages without asking me, but other than that he rules.

Sadly, I forgot my camera. I guess I have to go back again soon. Any guesses ahead of time which employees will or won't actually let me post pics of them in my blog?

0 comments: