Monday, May 7, 2007

Excuse: I'm being efficient

Most mornings I spend two hours at the gym. One hour is for weights with my trainer and one hour is cardio on the eliptical trainer or maybe the treadmill. I'm a little bored with it and this morning I decided that it would be a more productive and efficient use of my time to go home and clean and do laundry instead of that second hour. Besides...who would know? So, I'm at the Grocery Outlet buying water (oh, okay and a Haagan Das bar...) when this guy behind me in line says "done at the gym already?" WTF??? I'm so busted! Some guy from the gym recognized me and started a conversation with me. It was kind of cool actually because 1.) he's been working out for 30 years so he probably knows a thing or ten and 2.) even though I have been going to the same gym 3-5 days a week for over a year, I can count on one hand how many people I even say "hello" to, and now I might have to start counting on two hands!

Oh, Regina Spektor's "Fidelity" was playing at the gym this morning. It is REALLY not good gym music, and although I love her the other people around me were like "oh, ugh, what is this crap?" It shows, though, that she is now officially popular. Just don't try to pump iron to the following lyrics:

And suppose I never met you
Suppose we never fell in love
Suppose I never ever let you kiss me so sweet and so soft

0 comments: