Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thank you to http://jinx.tv/tbux buyers

Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick! I just wrote this whole post up and then IE decided to crash just as I was publishing it.

After posting "tbux.com: my story", and having it mirrored on the There Voice, plus emailing people who have bought/sold from me in the past, I was very pleased and all warm and fuzzy inside from the overwhelmingly positive responses I received. So, thank you to all you wonderful crazy shop-aholic and developer-type Thereians who have been soooo sweet!

I did receive a few emails that disturbed me. One member said they understood what it was like to be obsessive compulsive. What? Who?? Me??? What, just because I obsessively spent a couple of years compulsively checking sales on tbux.com? haha...okay, they have a point, but it's not all bad to be obsessive-compulsive as long as you channel those tendencies into something productive...like, not washing your hands 100x a day but maybe building up your business. I would never have been the first There developer to reach 1000 submissions if I hadn't been so obsessed with the There developer program. I wouldn't have made a living buying and selling virtual currency if I weren't obsessive.

What really did disturb me were the half dozen or so emails I received pledging to buy ThereBucks only from me, as if I were right and tbux.com were wrong. What??? I didn't know there was a right or wrong here, and I'm sorry if I gave that impression. While I think the sentiment was sweet and the intentions were good, I don't really see it as me against them and I think you'd be foolish to try and choose between me and tbux.com. Discount ThereBucks are a sellers market...because there are ultimately always more people wanting to buy them than there are discounted ThereBucks available for sale. So rather than pledge fidelity to ONE reseller, I think it's far more sensible to cover all your bases.

Now, if more than one place is listed as selling at the same time, by all means buy from me! ;) I do deliver in less than ten minutes if you already belong to my club, and while we're talking about speed, you'll probably get your PayPal payments the fastest if you're selling to me, and I'm grateful for your loyalty. I just don't think anyone should limit themselves...just go for what works best for you at the time. That's what I did! :)

0 comments: