Thursday, May 3, 2007

Excuse: Hot Fuzz!

Did I mention I hate cleaning? I'm trying to remove mildew from my shower and it mostly worked but I think I stripped some grout off at the same time. Cleaning is the least rewarding thing. It's like making gingerbread houses...you put all this work into it and it's only temporary.

Yesterday started out very stressful. I almost didn't go to the gym because I thought I was going to be so busy. Then I just did weights and no cardio, because I thought what's one hour out of my day? Then I found out what I thought I HAD to do, I actually was not ABLE to do, so I spent my afternoon cleaning and doing laundry. Oh wait, that's not all I did...I did some Photoshop work...woohoo! I don't need excuses for yesterday because I did some real work beyond my basic monitoring of sales and customer service and the like.

So the fun part...we went to see Hot Fuzz. Honestly that movie was not as good/funny as I thought it would be, but it was still pretty good and relatively funny. There were only I think five people in the theater including ourselves, and it didn't look like there was much of anyone in any of the other theaters, either. It's rather sad. All of Redwood City is rather dead most of the time, even though they have this nice new downtown area. Fridays and Saturdays are a bit better, but Sundays are so bad we often go to Palo Alto instead - everything that is actually open that day will be closed by 7pm in RWC. Mondays are almost as bad, with places like Angelica's and the wine bar we like being closed...fortunately we found a quiet bar in one of RWC's nicer restaurants is open, and the bartender is cool, so we go there. This was a Wednesday, though, shouldn't things start picking up by then? I've thought of moving to Palo Alto...it's not a bad idea if I can find something right near the town center. I think that might scare the IMVU employees, though!

After the movie, we went to Mandaloun for a light dinner, and of course some wine. Visually, that is probably my favorite RWC restaurant, but food and wine-wise the menu is rather boring. At least they have a fireplace.

Oh! I almost forgot! Last night my bf brought me a magazine from SouthWest Airlines. It has a really long article on virtual worlds in it, well Second Life actually, and even features a Second Life avatar on the front cover. I haven't read it yet, but it looks interesting. Oh, and I found it online if you'd like to read it too.

2 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

Bathroom cleaning is the absolute worst (I rank it below cleaning the kitty box, even)

Jinx.tv said...

Oh, I so, so, sooooo hate cleaning the kitty box. I think it's because my mom always made me do it when I was a kid...it was like "well, I had a kid, she might as well make herself useful and do the stuff *I* don't want to do.

Now I have a Litter Robot...they are sooooo awesome. I have tried a ton of different cat pans and the Litter Robot makes it so I basically just have to empty the bin BELOW the catpan twice a week and there is NO smell. Rodney was peeing on his tail for a while because of the globe shape of the thing, though.