Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pig Worship

Totally cute pic, eh? A few months ago an ex-bf of mine was writing me a letter and drinking some wine. Halfway through the letter and the wine, he decided calling would be better. What followed was a phone conversation basically about how he regretted pushing me away and not wanting to possibly restart our relationship until he found out I was dating someone else, plus he had a dream about me, which made him feel he definitely DID want to explore any possibility that might have still been between us. In other words, typical guy stuff.

That didn't happen. I mean I'm dating a really amazing guy who lives right across the bay from me, why would I want to "explore the possibilities" with someone who lives 3000 miles away and isn't even really sure what they want and that I often have a hard time talking to without getting in a fight?

The letter that sparked that phonecall never arrived as promised, but today I received a small parcel in the mail that contained a note letting me know that he was cutting ties with his past and I wouldn't be hearing from him again but he hoped I'd have much happiness in life, and that he had destroyed all of the letter except for this drawing, which he thought summed up the spirit of the letter as he intended it better than the actual words ever could.

Admittedly, although I find this guy's behavior a bit flakey, the picture made tears well up in my eyes. The scan doesn't really capture it that well and some of the color is pretty inaccurate, but I think - like the original it is scanned from - it still conveys more meaning than a thousand words ever could. I think I'm going to have the original framed.

0 comments: