Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm an IMVU VIP...well, la di da!

Today I decided to join the IMVU VIP club. I was a little hesitant because it seems a bit lame to have a gold "VIP" sign by your name everywhere and a bunch of info about it on your homepage like what number your VIP account is and when you joined. I did notice you can turn that part off, though.

The reason I joined was to see if it was worth it. The IMVU site doesn't explain very well what all the benefits are (probably because they don't totally know themselves) but you get some credits every month with your membership along with some "gifts" and special animations (well, "coming soon") as well as (woohoo!) waived fees for IMVU conferences and a special section in the IMVU forums. It's only $4.99 for the first month so...what the heck? I wish I knew if I was going to get anything special this month, like the "Magic Nights" prom package or some pieces from it. I'm already experiencing some buyer's remorse. :(

Update:
Okay, the VIP forum on IMVU gives more information on what you get each month. For May you get 5,000 credits and some "animated Astro Rockets". No idea what that is, I only know it's not the prom bundle. I really don't think this VIP thing is worth it! You could order the Magic Nights bundle and for $14.99 you'd get 20,000 credits (which honestly I think is too many for that price) along with the whole prom scene including 25 pieces of furniture. That one is a good deal (maybe too good) but the VIP package? Not so much.

0 comments: